Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm getting excited to come home!!

I'm starting to get really excited to come home to Canada. As much as I've enjoyed my time here, I miss all the things I consider normal... and pickles. And I can't wait to see all my friends and family! Also, I'm excited to feel the spirit of Christmas! With the weather being so balmy (+19 C today) and a complete lack of snow, it feels nothing like christmas here. Also, this extremely catholic country doesn't turn christmas into the commercial hullabaloo that North America does. Did you know there's no Santa Clause here?? There isn't! The Three Kings come in on their camels and distribute gifts to the children who leave out cookies for the Wise Men and hay for the camels. It just isn't right...I can't wait to sit under my tree and drink hot chocolate to warm up after being out in the snow. My Christmas tree here isn't quite the same...
My mom arrived today which means I only have 10 days left in Europe! We're going to enjoy some Bilbao and also make our way to Florence, Italy and Paris, France! Paris should be lovely at Chirstmas time.

Hasta la proximá vez,
Kathlene

No comments:

Post a Comment