Friday, April 3, 2009

FRANZ FERDINAND CONCERT!!

Last night Ibai and I went to the Franz Ferdinand concert in Bilbao at La Casilla!! YAY FRANZ!! My first euro-concert! La Casilla is a smaller venue that is typically used for Bilbao's basketball team, and made for the perfect cabaret-style concert. La Casilla is at the end of Calle Autonomia, which is about a twenty minute walk from our place, and is surrounded with nice pubs. We enjoyed these pubs and a few drinks before the concert, then it was off to Franz!! 
It was amazing! He played a great mix of his older music and the new album. It was neat experience seeing a Scottish band in Spain. Based on how the crowd around us was 'singing along' with the songs, I think a large majority of the people didn't understand the lyrics, but they were into the music. Everyone was dancing, and it made for an excellent night. Franz put on a good show, played two full sets and was on stage for an hour and a half. Well worth my 35 €! 
During the concert, Ibai pointed out that I was always easy to find in the crowds when he would go to get us another beer. It was a sea of brunettes and I was the blonde right in the center. (When I say another beer I mean another bucket of beer - see the picture below and note the size of the beer compared to the ass beside it - it was difficult to hold!) However, Ibai is fairer than most Spaniards and was mistaken as being Finnish (they thought I was also Finnish), and apparently that wasn't the first time it had happened to him. We ended up pretending to be Finnish for a large portion of the evening after that.
After the concert, we went to Casco Viejo to continue the night. We went to an interesting bar called 'K2' that had large mountains painted all over the walls. We got home quite late which made for a long day today. I learned the Spanish proverb "Noches alegres, mañanas tristes" today at school, and understood it's meaning in more than one way. Tonight, I am staying home in my pajamas watching Wedding Crashers in Spanish. Watching tv here is getting easier!

Hasta la proximá vez,
Kathlene

No comments:

Post a Comment