Sunday, May 31, 2009

A beautiful day in Bilbao

It's officially summer here! I've been waking up to bright blue skies, and warm temperatures for the last week. Stepping on to my balcony has been a great way to start the day, and a great place to enjoy my morning cereal. Also this week, Eva and I started incorporating sun-tanning into our work routine. Around the university, there are a lot of nice fields, and in Eva's car we can make it to a few great beaches in 15 minutes. The great weather makes it increasingly difficult to get anything done in the lab and impossible to stay home.
Thursday, the roomies and I went down the Casco Viejo and created our own pub crawl with a few friends of theirs and went to our regular pizza place, Pizza Via, for the best pizza EVER!
After work on Friday, I took my first tram (I highly recommend this as it passes nearly every sight in Bilbao and goes along the river) from Miribilla along the river to Casilda Parque to meet Eva, Jontxu, and Evantxu. It's a beautiful park with amazing fountains, an outdoor bar, basketball courts, and ping-pong tables! After ping-ponging, we met up with Marta, enjoyed some supper, and then headed to Duesto to see a concert of 'Decima Avenida'. It was professionally set-up for a crowd of about 40 people. It was strange but cool to be part of such a small concert. Plus, Eva, Marta, and I were the only ones allowed 'backstage' to hang with the band and drink their beer - obviously increasing the coolness factor of the experience. The lead singer, Alvaro invited us to his place for a party next weekend haha. And a got a free autographed CD haha.

Hasta la proximá vez,
Kathlene

No comments:

Post a Comment